PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 12 muffins
- 1 cup cooked apples
- 75 grams melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cream cheese for the center
- Optional: left over weetbix and brown sugar for sprinkling on top.
1. Heat oven too 200 degrees.
2. Grease with muffin tins with a little butter or oil.
3. Combine apple, sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
4. Stir in the eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and ginger, stirring until just combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins until half full. Then add a small teaspoon of the cream cheese to each muffin and cover with more of the mixture.
7. Sprinkle with the weetbix and brown sugar.
7. Place in the oven the bake for 15—20 minutes until firm and golden brown.