PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 6 – 10
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely diced
- 1 large Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 large sprig of fresh Thyme one teaspoon dried
- 1.5 litres of hot Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup grated Cheese (parmesan is best or a tasty cheese)
- Extra Thyme or chopped Parsley to serve (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over a medium heat, then add the diced onion. Cook this gently for 10 minutes—it should smell good but not be browned.
- Add the diced garlic and the thyme. Cook this for a further 2 minutes then add the hot stock.
- Bring this to the boil and add the cauliflower and cook for up to 20 minutes or when the cauliflower feels soft when pierced with a knife.
- Turn down the heat and add the cream, nutmeg and cheese.
- Remove from the heat and process this with a stick blender, food processor or mash thoroughly.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped thyme or parsley, a drizzle of cream and some crunchy toast or bread rolls.