PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 – 25 MINS
- Self raising flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Canola oil – 1/3 cup
- Sour cream – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- Berries – 3/4 cup (fresh or frozen –
blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or a
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced). Spray 1 x 12 hole muffin pan
generously with oil.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, sour cream, milk, egg and lemon zest and
pour into the dry mixture.
- Use a spatula or large spoon to mix the ingredients gently and quickly until just combined.
- Fold in the berries
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.