PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 4 big bowls , 8 starter size
- 600g frozen peas (can use minted peas if you like)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 100ml cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mint leaf, chives, or parsley to garnish
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 3–4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the stock cubes to the boiling water and stir until it has dissolved.
- Add the frozen peas and chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes. Or until the peas are soft.
- Add the cream and use a hand blender to puree the soup. You can leave some bigger peas in it if you like or make it completely smooth.
- Season, to taste and serve in a warm bowl garnished with a mint leaf.
- Serve with a cheese scone. Herb and Cheese Scones – Jacinda’s Famous – Plant to Plate Aotearoa