PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 60 MINS
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- 2 bananas sliced length ways
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Grease and line a 25cm loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugars until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together and add to the bowl.
- Dissolve baking soda in the milk. Add to the creamed butter mixture with the mashed bananas and chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Place the sliced bananas on top of the batter as per picture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.