PREP: 5 MINS + (12-24hrs “brewing” time)
COOK: 10 – 20 MINS
- 4.5 cups of flour (you can use a mixture of plain and wholemeal if you like)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon active dried yeast or 1.5 breadmaker yeast
- 600ml warmish water
- Find a nice big bowl and add all the ingredients. Make sure the water is only just warm so the yeast isn’t damaged by too much heat.
- Mix everything together really well, then cover the bowl with a clean, damp tea towel and leave on the kitchen bench for a minimum of 12 hrs and up to around 24.
- The dough will rise and do it’s thing with no help from us!
- When you are ready to make your pizza, heat your oven to around 220 degrees celcius and get a baking sheet or pizza stone ready.
- Tip the dough onto a well floured bench and give it a bit of a prod until it comes together in a ball.
- Separate it into 3 or 4 balls and roll these out into pizza bases.
- Add all the topping you like – My favourite is tomato paste, mushroom, zucchini, herbs and mozarella.
- Pop in the hot oven for 10 – 20 minutes until cooked to perfection.
- The dough is amazing and tastes like sourdough. Enjoy!