PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 – 25 MINS
SERVES: 12 muffins
- 1 cup cooled mashed orange kumara
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 1 & 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Turn oven on to bake at 180 degrees Celsius. Spray a muffin tin with oil or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Add mashed kumara, oil, sugar, egg and milk to a large bowl. Mix together.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Put spoonful’s of the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Put the muffin tin into the pre-heated oven and bake for 20—25 minutes for until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the muffin.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.