PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
- 1 tin Creamed Sweetcorn or 1 1/2 cups fresh off the cob
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped Herbs
- (Parsley, Chives, Basil, Coriander are good) – Or a Spring Onion
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Oil or spray oil for cooking
und ginger or cumin or curry)
- Open the tinned sweetcorn and put it into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and stir together until well combined.
- Finely chop the herbs (or spring onion) and stir into the mixture. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, then gently fold into the sweetcorn mixture. Allow this to stand for a few minutes.
- Heat the frying pan to a moderate heat. Add some oil or spray the pan.
- Drop small teaspoons of the mixture into the pan and let cook for a few minutes. (you can check how well they are cooking by lifting the edge with a spatula to see if they are just getting brown)
- Flip them over and do the same for the other side. Keep repeating until all the mixture is gone.
Tips: If you like, you can keep the pikelets warm in an oven at 50 degrees if you like, but they taste really good cold too. You can have these with any kind of dip you like. And they are also really good in school lunchboxes!