PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 18 scones
- 4 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 50g butter
- 1 tin condensed tomato soup
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (spinach, silverbeet, spring onions, capsicum, herbs)
- Extra milk if needed
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour.
- Pour in the tomato soup and mix to combine. If it looks a little dry and a small amount of milk and mix again.
- Put dough onto a floured board and flatten into a large rectangle shape.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and vegetables.
- Gently roll the long side of the dough into a scroll shape.
- Cut into 2cm sized slices.
- Place on lined baking tray and back for 15—20 minutes until golden.