PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 75 MINS
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Apples
- 115 grams Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 225 grams Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Turn oven on to bake at 175 degree Celsius.
- Spray a loaf tin with baking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together 2 teaspoons cinnamon with the brown sugar and set aside.
- Peel and slice the apples. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle over 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar and mix until creamed.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time making sure it is mixed well.
- Add the vanilla essence and milk , stir this in.
- In another bowl sift the flour and baking soda together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour half of this mixture to the loaf pan, then layer half of the apples on top, followed by half of the brown sugar.
- Add the remaining batter to the pan and then the rest of the apples.
- Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar mixture on the top.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 50—60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pan.
- You can drizzle over some icing made from 1/2 cup icing sugar and 1 tablespoon mixed together if you like.