PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 45 MINS
- 3 cups Pasta cooked
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Carrots (Parsnip or zucchini will work too. Squeeze liquid out of zucnhini first)
- Spinach or Silverbeet
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Ham
- pinch Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spray a 23 cm x 13 cm loaf tin with non-stick spray or line with baking paper.
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel and grate the carrots. Roughly chop up 2 cups of silverbeet or spinach. Finely chop the herbs and grate the cheese.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook gently.
- Add the grated vegetables and cook for approximately 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the spinach leaves and herbs and cook for 1 minute until wilted.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, followed by the vegetable mix, then the pasta.
- Place the mix in the loaf tin, pressing it down firmly.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until set. Cool 15 minutes before removing from tin.