PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 500g Kumara
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1—2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2—3 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Self-Raising Flou
- Peel and chop the Kumara in to 2cm slices.
- Peel and slice the onion. Peel and chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and cook and onion and garlic over low heat until soft.
- Add the slices of kumara and a little water to stop it from burning.
- Cook over a moderate heat until the kumara is tender.
- Drain and finely chop the cooked vegetables.
- Add the drained corn, cumin, salt, chopped coriander leaves and egg.
- Stir with a fork, then sprinkle over the flour and mix again.
- Using a dessertspoon, form into patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook patties in batches for about 5 minutes each side, until they are nicely browned.