PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 140g Bacon
- 300g Zucchini
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 500g Tomatoes
- Pinch of Chilli
- Pinch of Sugar
- 400g Linguine
- Parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Peel the garlic and dice finely.
- Chop the zucchini into bite size bits, then chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Put both of these in a bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and add a good pinch of salt. Put this on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Once this is boiling add the linguine and stir to avoid it sticking together.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large fry pan. (Not too hot!)
- Add the bacon and garlic to the pan and cook gently until the bacon is almost cook through.
- Add the tomatoes and zucchini to the pan and increase the heat a bit.
- Allow this to cook for a few minutes then add the balsamic vinegar, chilli and sugar and stir.
- Cook this mixture until the tomatoes and zucchini are soft, 20 –30 minutes.
- Once the linguine is cooked, drain it and put it back into the large pot.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the linguine and give it a stir.
- Serve with a sprinkling on cheese or Parmesan and some finely chopped fresh parsley.