PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 400g Mince
- 1 can of Brown Lentils
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Carrots
- 200g Frozen Peas
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Cup of Beef Stock
- Salt and pepper
- 500g Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Chopped Parsley
- 150g Cheese
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees celsius.
- Fill a large pot with water. Add a good pinch of salt and put it on the stove to bring to the boil.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic (finely) and the carrot into small cubes. Set aside. Drain and rinse the lentils and set these aside too.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into medium sized pieces. Once the water in the pot is boiling, add the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan to a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion changes colour. Don’t brown it.
- Turn up the heat and add the mince. Using a wooden spoon, break up the big bits of mince while it is cooking.
- Once it is brown add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the curry powder and flour. Keep stirring as it will start sticking to the pan.
- Add the lentils, peas, beef stock and soy sauce. Stir well and cook this for 20 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- While the mince is cooking, check the potatoes. If they are done, drain them well and then put them back into the pot.
- Add the butter, milk and season with salt and pepper. Mash until the a smooth and there are no lumps.
- Lightly grease a large baking dish. Add the mince to the dish and then gently smooth over the mashed potato.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle this along with the parsley over the potato.
- Put into the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes or until browned on the top.