PREP: 25 MINS
COOK: 45 MINS
- 25 Grams soft Butter
- 8 Slices of Bread
- 50g Sultanas
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 350ml Milk
- 50ml Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 20 Grams Sugar
- Nutmeg and cinnamon for dusting
- Fruit (rhubarb or apple is good)
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a pie dish with a little butter.
- Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread butter on each slice and then cut into triangles.
- Arrange a layer of the bread, butter side up, on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle over some sultanas and cinnamon.
- Repeat until bread is all used up.
- Peel and chop the fruit if necessary. if you need to cook it slightly with a little sugar, do this now.
- Gently warm the milk and cream in a pot until hot. DO NOT LET IT BOIL.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk until pale.
- Add the milk mixture to the eggs, mix well and strain the custard back into the bowl.
- Pour the custard over the bread and fruit, then sprinkle with the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon..
Cook in the over for 30—45 minutes until the custard has set