PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 75 grams Butter, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Tasty cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons herb, chopped
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Turn oven onto bake and preheat to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper to stop the puffs from sticking.
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix the evaporated milk, water, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a rolling boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in the flour all at once and keep stirring until it forms a ball of dough that pulls away from the side of the saucepan. Return to the heat and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put the dough into a clean bowl. Cool mixture 5 minutes. This is important so you don’t make scrambled eggs in the next step!
- Add eggs one as a time making sure you beat the egg in really well. Then stir in the cheese, chopped herbs and nutmeg and mix well again.
- Put tablespoon sized spoonful’s of the dough onto the baking paper and brush the puffs with milk.
- Bake in the hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- When cool enough to handle move to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
These are really good with soup!