PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
SERVES: 12 Slices
- 375 grams grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- Finely chopped herbs
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a medium sized baking dish.
- Grate zucchini and place into a clean tea towel. Twist the tea towel tight to remove as much liquid as possible from the zucchini. Place this in a large bowl.
- Finely chop the onion , herbs and grate the cheese. Add this to the bowl with the zucchini.
- Add the eggs and oil to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add this to the zucchini along with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together well and spoon this into the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30—40 minutes until golden brown and set in the centre.
- Slice and serve hot or cold.