PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
- 3 peaches
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 20 grams butter
- 100 grams soft butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Spray a muffin tin very well with baking spray.
- Put butter and brown sugar into a small pot and gently melt together over a low heat.
- Slice peaches. Put a small spoonful of the butter mixture into the base of each muffin hole. Put the sliced peaches on top and set aside.
- Put second measure of butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture and fold together carefully until just combined.
- Put spoonful’s of the cake mixture on top of the peaches and bake in the oven for 15—20 minutes—or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the muffin for 5 –10 minutes before turning the tin upside down to get them out.
- Eat warm or cold.