PREP: 20 MINS
- 10 banana, peeled
- 5 cups fruit or berries
- 5 cup liquid
- Peel bananas and chop into bit.
- Peel and chop other fruit as required.
- Break up ice and blitz in a food processor.
- Blend or process ingredients using a food processor, blender, or stick blender until smooth
- Serve in tall glassTips
– Use any liquid, such as reduced-fat milk, almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, or coconut water
– Use any fruit that you have available; some particularly good smoothie fruits are apricots, plums, berries, feijoas, melons, peaches and pears
– To make the smoothie thicker, freeze the chopped up fruit and bananas before blending if fresh fruit isn’t available, use stewed or canned fruit instead
– For a bit more flavour, add a pinch of cinnamon, a teaspoon of honey, some fresh mint, or ¼ of a cup unsweetened, reduced-fat yoghurt
– Pour into ice block molds and freeze