PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 2 Tbs Oil
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic,
- 2 cans tinned Tomato
- Salt And Pepper
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Cream
- 150g Cheese
- Fresh Basil or Parsley
- 700g Pasta (Fettuccine, Spaghetti, Sprials etc)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Chop the Onions finely and crush, then chop the garlic finely too.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so.
- Pour in tinned tomatoes and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings.
- Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding herbs if needed.)