PREP: 30 MINS
SERVES: 16 wraps (32 halves)
- 16 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 4 large carrots
- 200g cheese
- 1 red onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 red capsium
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices shaved ham
- Small tin of tuna in spring water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked and chopped or grated vegetables
(For extra spice maybe ground ginger or cumin or curry)
- Peel and grate the carrots. Place 1/2 of the carrot into a bowl with the 1/2 the mayonnaise. Mix together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Set the rest of the carrot aside in another bowl.
- Open the tin of tuna and drain. Mix this together with the remaining mayonnaise.
- Grate the cheese.
- Finely slice the red onion and capsicum. Finely slice the tomatoes and lay on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Wipe down the bench so it’s nice and clean.
- Lay 8 tortillas on the bench. Spread the carrot/mayonnaise mixture evenly over. Lay a slice of ham, cheese, onion, tomato, capsicum and lastly lettuce on top. Keep the mixture in a line along the centre of the wrap.
- Roll the wrap tightly to keep the filling in. Poke a toothpick through at both ends and cut the wrap in the middle. Place of serving plate.
- Wipe down the bench again.
- Lay last 8 tortillas on the bench. Spread the tuna/mayonnaise mixture evenly over. Add carrot, cheese, red onion, tomato, capsicum and lastly lettuce on top.
- Roll and secure the tortillas as above.Other ingredients to try : Cooked chicken, sweetcorn, spring onion, cream cheese, hummus, beetroot…