PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 12 MINS
SERVES: 12 Muffins
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Castor Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnanon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 75 grams Butter
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Feijoa flesh
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Grease a 12 hole muffin tray or line with muffin cases.
- Melt butter in a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- While the butter cools, halve each feijoa and scoop out the flesh until there is 1 1/2 cups worth. Mash slightly.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl.
- Add the feijoa, egg and milk to the butter and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and fold together gently with a spoon until just combined. Do not over mix or you muffins will be heavy.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12 – 15 minutes or when the muffin bounces back when gently pushed.
NB: You can sprinkle muffins with a mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar if you like.