PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 45 MINS
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 400g mince
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g carrot
- 2 x 200g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml beef stock
- 2 Tbs soya sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- Finely dice the onion and the garlic. Peel and grate the carrot. Set aside.
- Add oil to a fry pan and heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for a few minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Turn the heat up a bit and add the mince. Cook until the mince is brown. Make sure you break the mince up as you go.
- Add the carrot, soy sauce, paprika and basil. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the 2 tins of tomatoes and the beef stock.
- Cook together, uncovered until the mixture starts to thicken. Around half and hour.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and put on the stove.
- Bring the water to the boil, add a good pinch of salt and then the dried spaghetti.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes until the spaghetti is soft. Drain.
- Taste the mince mixture, adding salt and pepper as required.
- Serve the minced on top of the spaghetti and sprinkle with cheese.