- Plastic bucket
- Drill or a large nail and hammer
- Bag of garden mix soil
- Seedling (Spring onions, Radish, Rocket, Lettuce – non-hearting ones are the best)
- Watering can
- Start by turning you bucket upside down and drilling holes in the bottom. 10 – 12 is a good number. If you don’t have a drill, use a hammer and large nail to make the holes. You may need an adult to help you with this if it is a little tricky. (We put holes in the bottom to let the water out, just in case we over water it)
- Turn you bucket back the right way up and fill it with the garden mix nearly to the top.
- Plant you seedlings into to soil. In a normal sized bucket you can probably fit 2 lettuces, 6 radish, 6 spring onions and a couple of rocket plants. Try to spread them out a bit. Remember the spring onions can be planted around the outside as they don’t take up too much space. The lettuces will take up the most room.
- Give your salad bucket a good water and put it somewhere it will get plenty of sun without getting too hot.
- Remember to check it daily to see if it needs more water.