- Big seeds. Beans and pumpkin seeds are good
- Small plastic ziplock bag
- Cotton wool or paper towel
- Marker pen
- Each child gets a seed, plastic bag, cotton wool and paper.
- Help them to cut the paper into the shape of a house, with a window in the centre.
- Wet the cotton wool and place flat, inside the plastic bag.
- Place the seed ON TOP of the cotton wool.
- Seal the zip lock bag.
- Staple the paper house over the plastic bag with the window showing the seed.
- Hang in a window where it is warm and sunny.
- In a few days the seed will start to sprout and children will be able to see the process.