- Avocado seeds
- Tooth picks
- Glass cup or jar
- Fill the glass nearly to the top with water.
- Clean the avocado pip from any flesh that might still be attached.
- Poke the tooth picks in at an angle so that they will rest on the lip of the glass but will still allow the pip to be half immersed in water.
- Place on a windowsill and wait. It can take a few months before anything happens, but eventually a root will emerge and the avocado will start to grow.
- Once the root and stem has started to grow, you will be able to pot your avocado up. Place some soil in a medium sized pot and fill 3/4 of the way with potting mix.
- Place you avocado seedling on the soil and then fill the rest of the way.
- Water to keep the soil just moist, not wet.
- Keep your plant indoors until big enough to go outside. Avocado trees are frost tender (don’t like the cold) so make sure you keep it undercover.