PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
- 1.2 kg Pumpkin and Kumara
- 1 large onion
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1.5 Litre of vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup yoghurt/ buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped chives or chopped parsley.
- Peel and chop pumpkin & kumara into small pieces
- Finely dice onion and fry in hot oil until clear, add spices
- Add pumpkin and kumara and stock
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until pumpkin and kumara are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend with hand blender, then reheat.
- Add yoghurt and chives/parsley, saving some of the greens to sprinkle on top.
- Serve with freshly made damper or scones.