PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 300g Spinach or silverbeet
- 3 cups of self raising flour
- 80g cold butter
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk or yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of chilled wate
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse and chop spinach.
- Place spinach in bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again and squeeze excess liquid from spinach.
- Place flour, butter and salt in a large bowl.
- Rub in butter to make crumbs.
- Add spinach, buttermilk and 1/3 cup of chilled water. Mix with a knife until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface, knead briefly then pat dough into approx. 18cm circle. Place on prepared tray.
- Using a knife dipped in flour mark 8 equal wedges on the damper.
- Bake for 25-30 min, until damper is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped lightly.
- Serve with soup