PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 8 MINS
- 8 pita rounds Tomato paste (pizza flavoured)
- 2 cups of mixed sliced/chopped veges, fruit and herbs, eg. Avocados, spring onions, coriander, parsley, basil, pineapple, peppers, tomato, onion, mushroom.
- 1 Cup of grated cheese Salt and pepper to taste
- Meat can be added to the toppings… try luncheon, ham, bacon, salami, tuna or cooked chicken.
- Top with cheese and salt and pepper
- Top with desired fillings
- Turn them over and cover the un-grilled base with the tomato paste
- Toast the pita bread on one side under the grill for about 2 minutes
- Preheat oven on GRILL to 200°C.
- Grill in a hot oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Serve hot or cold