PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
SERVES: 12 Scones
- 250 g grated Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated Butter
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Big handful of chopped fresh Herbs
- 1 cup Milk
- Pre heat oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Put grated cheese and butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper together and mix into the cheese.
- Using fingers, rub and butter and cheese into the flour mixture, until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Stir through the chopped herbs.
- Add the milk and mix quickly to combine. Do not over mix!
- Place dough on a floured a rectangle.
- Cut the dough in 1/2 long ways and then into 12 even pieces.
- Place on a tray covered with baking paper and put into the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.