PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut sugar)
- ½ cup oil (e.g. canola, sunflower, coconut oil)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashew, peanuts – or a mixture)
- ½ cup seeds (e.g. pumpkin, sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup coconut (e.g. threads, flaked)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (or ginger)
- ½ cup dried fruit (e.g. raisins, cranberries, apricots, dried apples)
- Preheat the oven to 150 ͦC
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Place rolled oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl and mix.
- Heat oil, honey and vanilla essence together in a small saucepan or microwave until combined. Add to the dry ingredients bowl and mix until the dry ingredients are wet.
- Place the mixture on the prepared lined tray and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remember to stir often!
- When cooked remove from the oven and mix through the dried fruit.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
- Serve with milk, yoghurt and fruit; along with a large cup of coffee!