- Brown paper bag
- Hessian or ribbon
- Card board
- Hole punch
- Plastic plant pot
- Felt pens
- Plastic bread bag
- Pot your plant up with the soil in the plastic pot. Water a little.
- Line the brown paper bag with the plastic bread bag. You may need to cut it down a bit so it doesn’t poke out the top of the brown bag. Fold the top of your bag over as in the picture below.
- Put the plant carefully into the brown bag and try some hessian for a ribbon around it.
- Cut the cardboard into a nice shape and punch a hole with the hole punch. Write something nice on the tag. ( “Thank you for helping me grow” “I think you are sup-HERB” “Thank you for your THYME” “Thank you for helping me bloom” Thank you for your SAGE advice” “Thank you for your commit—MINT”
- Find some nice pictures in the magazines and cut them out. Decorate the tag with these.
- Tie the tag onto the hessian or ribbon. If you do need to water the plant, do so carefully so you don’t get the paper bag wet.