PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS + cooling time
- 3 cups feijoa flesh
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons citric acid
- 3 teaspoons tartaric acid (There is a picture of this below – The citric acid comes a container that looks just the same. You can find it in the baking isle of the supermmarket)
- Scoop out the flesh of the feijoas and mash them up.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and heat until just boiling, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Strain liquid through a sieve into a jug (I used a sieve lined with muslin). Pour into sterilised bottles and seal.
- Dilute the cordial to taste with water or soda.