PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 12 fritters
- 2 heads of Broccoli
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Cheese
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Milk to mix.
- Oil/butter for cooking
- You can add Feta or Parmesan cheese if you like.
min or curry)
- Wash broccoli and cut into small pieces, use the stem also! Place in a large bowl with a small amount of water, cover with cling film and microwave until soft. (3—4 minutes)
- Remove from microwave and mash slightly (don’t drain, there is lots of goodness in the liquid) Allow to cool a bit.
- Wash and cut herbs up. Add these to the broccoli.
- In another bowl sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the eggs to the broccoli and mix well.
- Add the flour to the broccoli and fold together. Add a little milk if the mixture seems dry.
- Heat a fry pan to medium. Add the oil.
Once hot add spoonful’s of the mixture to the pan. Cook on each side until golden. Place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- If the fritter isn’t quite cooked in the centre, you can put them into a warm oven to finish cooking.N.B These are yummy with bacon, relish and sour cream!