PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
- 100 Grams Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 14—16 Large Ripe feijoas, Peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 800 Grams Sweet Short Pastry
- Heat oven to 200.c
- Melt Butter, Sugar, Golden Syrup together in a pan
- Pour mixture into 2 x 23cm round cake pan.
- Arrange Feijoa halves over the mixture.
- Roll pastry out in a circle to cover the fruit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove and stand for 10 minutes.
- Hold a large plate over the top of the pan and turn upside down so the pastry is on the base of the serving dish.
- Cut the tart into wedges and serve warm with ice cream or custard .