PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
- 125g butter
- 1 cup of cooked apples (about 2-3 apples)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg, allspice, and salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of sultanas
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Melt butter in a medium-large saucepan.
- Remove from heat & mix in apples & sugar. Stir to combine, then stir in egg.
- Sift dry ingredients and add with sultanas to the apple mix. Stire to blend ingredients evenly.
- Spread mixture into a greased 20cm cake tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 160°C.For muffins:
- Divide mixture into 12 large greased muffin tines. Bake until risen and set (35 minutes).
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
RECIPE FROM : ANNABEL LANGBEIN