COOK: 1 hour
SERVES: 1 Loaf
- 225 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Baking power
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Rub cut butter into the mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add the brown sugar and mix in.
- Combine the mashed banana with the grated carrots and beaten eggs.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Mix well together but don’t over mix as this will make the texture heavy.
- Pour into loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour or until a sharp knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan and serve with or without butter.