PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 15 – 20 MINS
SERVES: 20 bites
- 5—6 small Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup tasty or parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parsley, chives, oregano, and basil—3 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Turn oven on to bake at 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Grate zucchini into a clean tea towel. Bring corners of the tea towel together and squeeze out all the juice from the zucchini. *This is an important step, the bites won’t crisp up if there is too much moisture in the zucchini* Put the zucchini (should be about 2 cups) into a large bowl.
- Grate the cheese and add this to the bowl with the eggs.
- Finely chop the garlic and herbs. Add this to the bowl too. Give this all a little stir to mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs and salt and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Using wet hands, roll the mixture into golf ball sized bites, then place on the baking tray. You should get at least 20 bites.
- Place tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15—20 minutes until the bites are golden and crispy.
- Serve warm with a little tomato sauce or have them cold in your lunchbox!