- Seeds. (Carrot, radish, beetroot or parsnip seeds are great but any seeds will do.)
- Paper towels.
- 1/4 cup plain flour.
- 2 tablespoons warm water.
- Small paint brush.
- Marker pen.
- Tweezers. Optional
- Take a length of paper and cut it to a width of about 4cm. Fold in half lengthways and then unfold again.
- Read the seed packet and see how far apart each seed needs to be planted, then take your ruler and pencil and carefully make a dot on the paper where each seed should go. Do this on 1 side of the folded line.
- Mix the flour and water together to make a paste and then use the paint brush to put a little dot of glue on each pencil mark.
- Using the tweezers or you fingers put a single seed on each dot of glue.
- Re-fold the paper lengthways, pressing down gently so the two side stick together. Hang to dry.
- Once fully dry roll the seed tape up and store it in an airtight container or bag.
- Make sure you make the container with the type of seed, when to plant it and the date you made it!