PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
SERVES: 24 Muffins
- 4 cups wholemeal flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large apples
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Turn oven on to 170 degrees. Spray muffin tins with oil spray to prevent muffins sticking.
- Grate Apples and carrots. Place into a large bowl (big enough to hold the entire mixture) Add the raisins and sugar—stir to combine.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil and milk. Add this to the apple mixture—stir to combine.
- Put flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir. Carefully add this to the wet ingredients. Mix together until just combined—Don’t over mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Divide the mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just golden and they spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.