PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
- 2 cups peeled and chopped Pumpkin
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbps Sugar
- 1 tsp each Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger
- 1 Tbps chopped Parsley, Chives or Corriander
- Milk to make batter consistency
- Put the Pumpkin into a pot and cover with water.
- Boil on stove top until soft.
- Drain water and mash pumpkin until lump free.
- Sift together the Flour, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger and Baking Powder.
- Mix egg and herbs into 1 cup of the mashed Pumpkin.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients, adding milk if it seems to dry.
- Drop the mixture in spoonful’s into hot butter (margarine or oil) in frying pan.
- When the fritter starts to bubble flip the fritter over and cook on the other side.
- Place a paper towel on plate to absorb the extra oil.
- Place the fritters on a plate and keep warm in oven till served