PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
- 5 feijoas
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 100g melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C and spray a 12-hole muffin tray with baking spray.
- Chop feijoa into small pieces and mash in a large bowl. (you can leave the skin on)
- Mix together the feijoas, lemon juice, zest, melted butter, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the flour to the feijoa mixture and fold together carefully.
- Don’t over mix or the muffins won’t be fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- If you like you can sprinkle a little caster sugar on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle