PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 360gms Silverbeet
- ½ cup Parsley
- ½ cup chopped dill
- 2 cups spring onions
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 cups chopped onions
- Butter, melted
- 250gms feta cheese
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 12 filo sheets
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Cut off silverbeet stems, wash leaves and cut into shreds.
- Combine silverbeet with parsley, dill, spring onions, and salt in bowl.
- Let it stand for 15mins ,then press out all liquid with a spoon.
- Heat oil in pan and saute’ onions until transparent.
- Add silverbeet mixture and saute’ 3 mins.
- Add cheese and black pepper
- Place 6 filo sheets on the bottom of a buttered pan brushing each sheet with melted butter or egg.
- Add silverbeet mixture on top and spread into a thick layer.
- Add remaining filo sheets to top of mixture again brushing the sheets with butter or egg.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. Yummy!!