PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
- 1 medium potato
- 50g bacon bits or 1 rasher chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of HP, BBQ or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to tasteTry adding chopped spring onion, parsley and other herbs for a different flavour.
- Cook potato in the microwave. If you are cooking more than 1 or 2 then this is best done in the oven for 45min at 200°C.
- Slice potatoes in half and allow to cool
- Scoop out the potato flesh and place in a bowl. Save the potato skin!
- Fry the bacon bits
- Add bacon and sauce to the potato flesh and mix/ mash together.
- Put mixture back into the potato skins
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top
- Place on an oven tray and grill in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Can be served hot or cold.