PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
SERVES: 20 fritters
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Cornflour
- 3 cups grated Kumera
- 1 cup grated Carrot
- 4 Spring onions finely chopped
- A small handful of Herbs, finely chopped
- 125g Cream cheese
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 on bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Grate kumera and carrot and put into a large bowl.
- Finely slice spring onions and herbs. Add this to the bowl.
- Crumble the cream cheese into the bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg and the cornflour until smooth.
- Season this with some salt and pepper.
- Stir the egg/cornflour mixture through the vegetables and cheese.
- Put some oil into a fry pan and heat.
- Drop spoonful’s of the mixture into the hot oil, pressing down gently with the spatula.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Flip the fritter over and cook the other side until it begins to brown.
- Transfer the fritter s to the baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes