- Egg container
- Potatoes (seed potatoes are best but any old spud will work)
- Put the seed Potatoes on the grooves of the egg container.
- Find a warm, sunny and dry spot for them. Put the newspaper down to keep the area tidy and place the egg box on top.
- The Potatoes should start to turn green and the ‘Eyes’ will start to sprout.
- Make sure these ‘Eyes’ are facing upwards.
- Leave the potatoes alone for 4 – 6 weeks until they start growing leaves.
- Once the sprouts are 3 – 4 cm long, the Potatoes are ready to be planted in the ground.