PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
SERVES: 12 muffins
- 4 whole mandarins – chopped into 1/4s and any seeds removed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 ºC and spray a muffin pan with some non-stick spray.
Add the oil and sugar to a large bowl and blend well, with a stick blender for a few minutes. Add the mandarins and keep blending until you get a smooth batter, and there are no chunks of fruit – this can take a wee while.
Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Keep blending for 2 more minutes.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt (and chocolate chips if you are using them). Fold this in to the batter carefully.
Spoon the mix into the muffin pan, filling them up about 3/4.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until they are golden brown. If you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean, remove them from the oven.
Let them cool completely before eating.
- These store well in an airtight container for 4 days.