PREP: 25 Mins
COOK: 20 Mins
SERVES: 1 litre
- 250 g Sugar
- 1½ cups filtered water
- 2 cups fresh Grapefruit juice, strained
- 1 tsp grated zest
- 3 tsp citric acid
- Place the sugar, water, grapefruit juice and zest in a medium saucepan and heat, stirring, over high heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring it to the boil then reduce to a simmer and leave it to bubble away for 20 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Stir through the citric acid. Strain the cordial then pour it into a sterilised bottle.
- Serve with water or soda water (about 1 part cordial to 4 parts water) . You can also freeze it once you have added the water to make ice blocks—they taste just like grapefruit Fruju!