PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2—1 Cup milk
- 3 cups cooked and chopped or grated vegetables
(For extra spice maybe ground ginger or cumin or curry)
- Sift flour, Baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and egg.
- Beat until smooth. Add more milk if it is too think.
- Mix in 3 cups of cooked pulped vegetables.
- Drop the mixture in spoonfuls into hot butter or oil in frying pan
- When the fritter starts to bubble flip the fritter over.
- Place the fritters on a plate and keep warm in oven till ready to serve (Place a paper towel on plate first to absorb the oil)
- Add a little tomato sauce on the side when serving