- Yogurt pots (with holes in the bottom)
- Seed raising mix
- Wheat, Barley or Cress seed (a mix is fun!)
- Spray bottle with water
- Waterproof tray
- Large plain stickers
- Felt pens
- Give each child a yogurt pot and 2 plain white stickers
- Direct them to draw a face on one sticker and put their name on the other.
- Once they have stuck the stickers on their pot, get each child to fill their pot to 2/3 with seed raising mix and firm this down.
- Sprinkle the seed onto the soil.
- Cover the seed with a thin layer of seed raising mix.
- Spray the pot well with fresh water and place on a tray.
- Check the pots each day and spray again if they seem dry.
- Once the “hair” gets long it can be cut. Be aware that if it is cut too short it may not continue to grow.
- If you look after your wheat head person they can keep growing for months.